BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Whimsy and Decor

I talked about this in my March newsletter, so if you've read that, apologies for the sort of repeat. I say sort of because now I have three prints picked out and framed, ready to be hung up.

With that said, I have a lot of open wall space that needs art. I haven't been able to commit to anything and the last thing I wanted to do was pay a lot of money for something and not want to keep it long term. But then I had an idea. I could print my own images and stick them in frames with mats.

It didn't take long to discover I'd probably have to send the images out to a professional service to print out. And again, I couldn't commit. Did I want flowers? Something bright? Something fun?

I'm still debating most of the house, but I did figure out the guest powder room. That came to me when I found the shop on Etsy selling prints. Lots of cool mid century modern pieces including mid century kitty. I bought three prints in shades of aqua/green.

The colors are a lot more vibrant than in these photos. I'm not a great photographer:


 

I actually could use one more maybe. The powder room has a lot of odd angles and so there are lots of short walls and one normally short wall. The kitty with the daisies is for the longer wall. The vertical prints are for the weird walls.

I might have my master bathroom figured out, too. I'm still mulling that one a little bit.