BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, May 11, 2023

It's Never Too Early to Obsess About Planners

I realized after writing Tuesday's post that it maybe needed a little context. In February, my usual planner company announced that they would only sell undated planners going forward. To say this didn't make me happy would be understating it.

In 2022, I tried a different planner and only made it two months before I returned to my original planner. In that other planner, I tried using stickers to replicate all the features of my usual planner, but it was a pain. Not only printing and cutting all those stickers, but the fact that I want them in the same place on every page. That meant places were bulging while others were flat. It just didn't work for me.

Decision was made at that point to hang with my usual planner forever and ever.

And then they announced 2024 and on would be undated. This company has been aggravating in a lot of ways. One of the founders--instead of focusing on the core business--flits around and tries this and that and the other thing. If she'd focused on growing the planner, and left the other stuff on the wayside, they wouldn't be in the position they are now (IMO). She blames it on the pandemic. I blame it on her lack of focus.

This planner is awesome if they'd stop messing around with it every year. There's a difference between improving something and changing things just to change them. The other aggravation is this planner is what the one founder wants. She doesn't use electronic grocery lists, so instead of having full days on Saturday and Sunday (which I need!!!!), we have to have perforated grocery list pages. So she can pull them out and shop. Sorry, this has been bothering me for a while.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of an undated planner, especially the MONTHLY layout. The days, well, I can buy a date stamp and handle that--ugly though it might be. But there's nothing to do for monthly except handwrite every date. Ugh.

I know it's early for 2024, but I've been browsing other planners. The one I thought I'd switch to doesn't have a layout available that I love. Then (for some reason) Instagram started showing me planner ads. And I found a daily planner that I liked with FULL DAYS FOR SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!

I think I found my 2024 planner. Thank goodness since Bullet Journaling is not my bag.