BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, May 09, 2023

Okay, Maybe Not

I've been thinking about Bullet Journaling (BuJo) again. Not for my main planner. I learned my lesson on that, but I thought as an ancillary or companion to my daily planner.

I had done BuJo years ago and I knew I'd bought some stencils, so I went looking for them and for my old BuJo. I found my two Bujos. (Two?!?!) One has grid and the other is blank. I prefer grid over dot, which is how so many people buy their journals.

The stencils? Those are still MIA. I thought I had them tucked into the BuJos, but I didn't. I thought I had them in my planner tote, but I can't find them there. That search continues.

But pulling out the old BuJo were interesting. First, I can definitely tell why I gave up on using this as my main planning system. Things were all over the place. I didn't like that at all. I love my printed daily planner where I can keep myself organized each and every day.

Second, I found some good notes in there! For a while, I was keeping writing notes in the darker pink journal (pictured here) as well as notes on classes I took. The lighter pink was supposed to be my planner, but there are also notes in there from when I was listening to podcasts.

So yes, I found some cool information which has literally been lost to me since 2016/2017 when I gave up BuJo. This is a compelling reason not to do this. It's not me rethinking my companion brain idea. Maybe I should just stick to my daily planner and call it good.