BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, May 04, 2023

Maybe Read the Description

I have this hardbound journal that I ended up really liking. It has a lot of pages in it. Much more than you'd see in a bullet journal type. I make notes in there, and when I remember, I transfer all my little personal Post-it note info into there.

I don't really use it often, but it'll be years before I fill it up. I set up an index in front, like you would for a bullet journal, and can flip right to what I need.

This got me thinking.

I have sheets of paper with writing ideas floating around my office. Lots of them. These are for things I'm not working on and haven't fleshed out enough to assign them their own notebook.


I also have two notebooks for The Paladin League because I filled up the first one.

Then my brainstorm hit. Why don't I buy another of those big, hardbound journals and just put stray writing ideas in there? I'd index it like I did with my personal journal and then I could corral the extra paper.

Two versions of the journal showed up when I did a search. They looked identical in the pictures. One was cheaper than the other, so of course that's the one I ordered. The new one arrived recently.


I found out why it was cheaper. It's much smaller than the original journal. Like the difference between A5 and B5 (if I have my sizing correct).

It's fine. It might work better to have a smaller book. It has all the same features of the original. It's just so small.

Next time, I should probably read the description and not rely on pictures. Lesson maybe learned.