BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Liar, Liar Pants on Fire

A while back, I blogged about having two characters show up in my head who had the same name. They were just spelled differently.

At the time, I was surprised because I've never had two characters want the same name. Well, that's over with now. One of the characters--a secondary in the Paladin League--had to introduce himself with his real name, not his handle.

Guess what? He's not Zack with a K like he'd been telling me.

Surprise!

As far as having things sprung on me by my characters, this is minor. I didn't use his real first name in any of the books yet although he's made an appearance in the last three.

The thing that's sort of frustrating for me is what his name actually is: Ian. I had three names that I thought were him and one of them was Ian. No, no, he assures me. I'm Zack.

And then he introduces himself in Wicked Persuasion and guess what? It's Ian. Grrr.

I'm used to characters withholding information, but it's been a long time since I've had one outright lie to me. Now that I know Ian can't be trusted to tell me the truth, I'll be on guard with him. I also plan to torture him mercilessly in his book. Payback, it's real.