BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Office Supply Geek Out

Last week, I blogged about needing to sketch out things, and in that post, there's a Post-it Note that I drew my extremely rough sketch. Since I wrote that post, I discovered a new Post-it.

Full stick Post-it Notes!

I did know they existed, but I'd never actually used one and then I found a nearly empty pad of them at work and used one there to make note of a meeting and some items I wanted to take care of.

OMG! These things are fabulous! I immediately knew I had to buy my own. I picked more interesting colors than what we had at the office. Of course!

I have a writing notebook where I make notes and brainstorm and anything else that might be related to the book or series I'm writing. I'm also flipping through that notebook a fair amount and sticking and re-sticking Post-it notes. Sometimes over and over. Naturally, some of the sticky comes off and then the notes start falling out when I rifle through them.

Full stick Post-its, though, should solve the problem. There's a light hash mark on the right of the note so you know where to lift it off, but the rest of it is adhered to the page.

The note above is one I rewrote off an early Post-it. I believe it's from chapter 3? Maybe chapter 4. Anyway, the note was hanging on by a thread because I'd moved it around so many times. (I wanted to keep track of who Deck met at the bar.) Now, it's not going anywhere no matter how often I flip through my notes.

Two thumbs up for the full stick.