BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, June 01, 2023

The Zen Den

Last week, the gym I go to (which was rebranded as the Wellness Hub) set up a room they called the Zen Den.

I reserved for Tuesday over my lunch time. I had half an hour in a dark room, sitting in a comfortable chair with meditation-type music playing and there was a light projecting jellyfish on the wall.

It was fabulous! Damn, I wish I could do that every day. For half an hour I didn't worry (too much). I relaxed. I breathed. When my thoughts wandered, I brought them back to the moment. Did I mention it was incredibly awesome?

I have a few different meditation apps on my phone, but I don't often take the time to actually meditate. Today, for half an hour, it was underlined that I really do need to do that at home, too. I can't duplicate the darkened room or the jellyfish on the wall, but not only do I have meditation apps, I also have awesome music that I collected when I did regular meditation.

I hope the gym (wellness hub) does another Zen Den. Loved it soooo much!