BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Habit Tracking

I've seen some super cool habit trackers for years now, but most of them were made to be used in weekly planners. I am a daily planner girl. I did try putting a monthly habit tracker on my monthly overview pages, but I didn't look at them often and out of sight, out of mind.

But I felt like I really needed to use a habit tracker for my writing. And I found a website that offers 43 printable habit tracker templates for free! No email address required.

SaturdayGift free habit trackers

Although I wrote on four lines, every line is related to writing. Write, Brainstorm, and Research are self-explanatory, but the Read line might not be as clear. On this habit tracker, Read means read books about writing--either craft, marketing, how to write a fight scene, etc. My goal is to have a box colored in every day of the month in one (or more) of the four categories.

If I'm too tired to Write or Brainstorm, there's no reason why I can't read about a new plotting method. Then I can color in the daily box on the Read line.

In June and July it will be super easy to reach my goal because I'm working on revisions to Wicked Persuasion which will be released at the start of August. It's after the book comes out that I'll really need the habit tracker. I'm hoping that in two months, this will be such a routine that I won't even need to think about it.

BTW, the site with the free habit trackers has 100 day habit trackers, 90 day, 30 day, 21 day, yearly, and about as many variations as you can imagine. Completely for free! I clicked off of some other habit tracker websites that allegedly offered free habit trackers, but wanted my email address. Just no. I was excited that the site with the most options was also the site that really offered free trackers.