BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Review: The A-Team (2010)

***WARNING: There might be spoilers!***

The A-Team movie is from 2010, so I'm going to assume that anyone who's really concerned about spoilers has seen it already. That said, I'll do my best not to reveal anything too critical, but I can't promise.

I had no idea this movie existed. If I had seen it advertised, I blocked it from my mind. Probably because as a kid I really enjoyed the television show and these remakes and reboots aren't always awesome.

Anyway, it was brought forward in time. Four Iraq War veterans are framed for a crime they didn't commit and they work to clear their names.

The movie was very much about clearing their names--kind of a prequel to the TV show where they were wanted men who took assignments to help people.

The plot was a little convoluted, although I was watching it in the waiting room of a car service place, so it was hard to hear everything and the movie had already started when I sat down, so I missed the first few minutes. I also had no intention of paying attention to the film, and played around on my phone for a while before my interest was captured.

As you might have guessed from the previous paragraph, I enjoyed this movie. It's the kind of over-the-top action/adventure that I love so much.

I thought the actors did a good job recreating the characters, but doing it in a way that made the roles theirs. I liked that it stayed true in appearance and attitude to the series (at least as I remember it), but that I didn't think of the original actors once I started watching.

I wish they'd made more than one movie because I'd have enjoyed seeing these four in the roles for more than a couple of hours. This makes me want to re-watch the original A-Team television series, but I'm a little scared it won't live up to my memory of it.

I'm giving the movie two thumbs up. Is it perfect? No. Is it enjoyable? Yes. Yes, it is.