BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Best Practices Versus Nope

I mentioned that my office is a complete disaster zone. It is. This is literally the worst it's ever been.

So I decided that this time when I got to work on it, I would follow the guidance of the experts. There must be videos on YouTube or blog posts out there somewhere explaining what the best way is to forever organize a space is, right?

On a Saturday, after all the errands were run, I set out to find the best way to organize this mess.

The one thing most organizing experts seemed to agree on was to empty everything out of the space. Everything out of the space? Everything out of the space!

They must be joking.

It would take half the day just to move everything out. As for going through it before moving it back in? That would take me weeks because I would get bored and wander off to do other things.

No, I need a different plan of attack.

Right now, I'm kind of thinking if I could get rid of my old computers and laptops, that would clear out space--especially my huge iMac. I simply need to work my way to the corner where the box is stored, get the iMac out, run the wipe on the hard drive (or destroy the hard drive), and then get the label for pick up from Apple.

The laptops might be easier. Destroy the hard drive and bring them over to Best Buy. I looked up the recycling information on their website, and if IIRC I can bring in three electronic items a day. It might take a couple of trips because I have old Kindles, old cords, old printers, and some other assorted electronics, but it isn't too horrible because I got rid of my old computers before I left Minneapolis to move to Atlanta.

With the old computer equipment and electronics gone, then I guess I'd move on to...drawers? It's a plan I'm still mulling over.