BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, July 27, 2023

Catch All

This blog post is going to be a little bit of this and a little bit of that because none of these ideas is worthy of a full post all on their own.

  • My regular planner company did decide to release a dated version for 2024, so now I will have three planners for next year and need to figure out something to do with them. I know there are authors who track multiple things in multiple places, but this is how things slip through the cracks for me. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do gratitude in one and haul the B6 with me in my tote bag.
  • While I was searching for new planners, I watched a lot of videos and saw that people used tweezers to put down small stickers instead of their fingers. Gah! Why didn't I think of that? I bought craft tweezers during Prime Days and will no longer have to deal with stickers that are askew and in the wrong place.
  • Speaking of the B6 size notebooks, holy cow what a convenient size! I ordered it by accident back in April, and while this book is too thick and heavy to haul around, something with fewer pages wouldn't have the same issues. If you're curious about paper sizes, or like me, can never remember them, this website has a visual guide I found helpful.
  • I primed a little too much during Prime Days, but I actually had a strategy--I was only allowed to order things from my wish list. Unfortunately for me, a lot of things from my wish list went on sale for good prices. (I put them in my wish list to watch prices.) I also did that no rush shipping option on most of the items because the only thing I wanted immediately were my craft tweezers and now I can use the digital dollars Amazon bribed me with to pick up some more books in the urban fantasy series I started.
  • Characters have shown up and are talking to me and they are not the characters who are next up in the Paladin League series. I'm not sure how I feel about this since I'm not actually writing in this ramp up to the release of Wicked Persuasion, so I'm not sure it matters, but when it's time to get to work again, then it matters.
  • I did set up the kanban board with all the Post-it notes for the next Paladin League book, so as soon as it's go time, the wall is ready.
  • I learned a new trick for Notion that I wished I'd known earlier. I can create new work spaces for myself and didn't need everything piled into one work space. The clutter on the left side of the screen was making me crazy.