BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Instant Gratification

I was listening to a writing podcast on my commute home from the Evil Day Job (EDJ) and the guest had some very interesting ideas about how to write. Interesting enough that I wanted to read his book on the subject.

When I got home, I went to my laptop and put in the book title.

I found the book, but the ebook was like $5 more expensive than the paperback! That's a big difference, so even though I prefer to read on my phone, I bought the paperback.

It was disappointing. Not only is ebook my preferred format, but now I couldn't sit down and read the book right now! I consoled myself with the fact that I was able to get next day delivery. At least I'd only have to wait one day and Amazon usually delivers about the same time I get home from the EDJ.

But no, not this time.

This time when they said delivered by 10pm, they really meant delivered by 10pm.

I'm bummed and I know I'm spoiled. I love the instant gratification I get from ebooks. I want to read something? Buy and download. Minutes later, I'm reading my book. The one-day delay getting the physical book as bad enough, but to not come until late?

Seriously. It's too late to even start the book at 10pm.