BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Oz

If you subscribe to my newsletter, you got this information a couple months ago. You can subscribe here. Just scroll to the bottom of the page for the signup form.

I'm writing Lurch's book now. He and Nyx are the next up in the Paladin League series. There have been a few hiccups, including the fact Lurch lied to me, but I think we're (mostly) on track now.

What I plan to talk about today is the hero after Lurch. His name is Oz and his first on-screen appearance will be in Wicked Suspicion. He's been on the team for a while, but he's been undercover, working for one of the drug lords.

He's big. His hair is long. His beard is in need of a trim. And he's scary-looking.

I suspect that he's also a great, big teddy bear. ;-)

Of course, I can't swear to this. He isn't talking to me yet, and until he does, it's just guess work on my part. And even if he does talk, he might not tell me the truth. Looking at you, Lurch. But Oz has this vibe about him that makes me think he looks a lot scarier than he is.

His heroine? She doesn't belong in Puerto Jardin, but her twin is in trouble--she knows it--but it's that twin sense. It's not as if she can call up the State Department and say, "hey, you need to find my sister. I think she's in trouble. I just have this feeling."

She's going to drive Oz crazy. I love it.