BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

So Close, but Not Quite

I think I've blogged about my travel mug that I take to work every day. Maybe? In case I didn't (or if you don't remember/are new to the blog), I have this travel mug I really like. There's nothing spectacular about it except that it is 100% leak proof which means I just toss it in my tote and go.

It only had one small problem. I wanted more coffee than it could hold.

So for a couple years now, I've kind of been keeping my eyes open for a replacement. I was hoping I could buy the same one in a bigger size, but alas, this is the only size.

This wasn't any kind of priority, but I was so disappointed when I ran out of coffee and wanted more!

It's possible I have a small addiction to coffee. :-)

Back to the story. I saw an ad on Instagram. I see a lot of ads on Instagram and when I check out the products that interest me, they mostly have mixed or bad reviews. This travel mug, however, had thousands of great reviews on Amazon. I perked up. The travel mug wasn't too much bigger than my current one, but an extra few ounces would be welcome.

I ordered the mug. I tested the leak-proof claim immediately because if it did leak, I was returning it ASAP. I filled the mug with water, put on the lid, and shook it while it was upside down over my kitchen sink.

It didn't leak!

I was elated! More coffee.

And then I ran into one small problem. The coffee would run down my chin when I drank from the mug. :-( I didn't see any reviews mention that piece of information. Maybe it's the way I drink? I started using a straw. That's right. I'm sticking a bendable straw into my travel mug to drink my coffee.

Also? Travel mug could be a little bit bigger. There's still not enough coffee. They have a bigger size, but my bendy straw won't reach the bottom of that one. If I could drink out of it without looking like I stuck my face in a vat of coffee, I'd consider buying the bigger size. Consider because the tote bag is getting heavy with the size I already use. A bigger one might be too heavy.

So this travel mug is nearly perfect. Nearly, but not quite.



My travel mug with a waterproof vinyl cut out with my name. I love the pink. I love my vinyl name. Damn, though, I hate coffee rolling down my chin.