BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, February 08, 2024

A Little Bit About Case

I've blogged in the past about Case lying to me. I think I've even mentioned that I'm used to characters doing this to me. Either by omission or flat out telling an untruth, this happens all the time.

Mostly, it's omission. They just don't want to tell me about their pasts. This is what happened with Damon from Ravyn's Flight. He didn't drop info about his past until I was halfway through the book and it required a lot of work on my first round of revisions.

Case, though, just plain lied to me, but I understand why and he came through with the truth shortly after I started his story, so there won't be a ton of work waiting for me when I finish the first draft and start to revise.

I was going to share Case's secrets here, but I deleted what I wrote. It might be something of a spoiler for Wicked Suspicion and I decided I didn't want to take the chance. Maybe the reveal of his past won't be that big a deal in the book, but I don't know yet, so I'll err on the side of caution.

I can tell you that Case is from Minneapolis. He has blond hair, blue eyes, and is six-foot-two. He has a degree in mathematics that he earned after joining the Army. He enlisted as soon as he finished high school. He's 27, but if you've read the earlier books, you know he looks younger than that. Nyx, his heroine, however, is not fooled by his baby face.

I always have inspiration pictures for my characters (and for places, vehicles, etc). If you'd like to see the inspiration for Case, you can check out this link.