BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Blessed Peace

It's been about a month with no more ringing telephone!

There aren't words to express how nice it is to not have to live with that intrusive noise in my house any longer!

I had the phone for my dad while he was living with me. He didn't ever turn his cell phone on and the landline was his connection to the world at large. I kept the phone for a while after he died to make sure we didn't miss notifying someone he knew. And also to make sure that if something came up and some entity or another needed to talk to me, that they would have a number.

Finally, eight months after my dad died, I cancelled the landline.

It's been blissful! No spam calls, no political calls, no wrong numbers. Just peace and quiet. My cell phone hardly rings. Just the way I like it.