BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, September 05, 2024

Bullet Journal: The Sequel

As I began to research YouTube videos for my reading journal, I ran across a lot of bullet journal vloggers. Some of them were doing reading journals and bullet journals. And I started watching setups on bullet journals.

It reminded me of why I was so intrigued with them the first time. The complete freedom to set it up in a way that works for the user.

I also know that there is zero chance my bullet journal will look like any of the people who are posting videos about their journals and setting them up. I have no artistic ability and I am sorely lacking in the patience it would take to do the set up.

But I began to think. I've been trying to create a projects To Do list and constantly running out of room because the Post-it pad it narrow. Which is what I wanted because it fits in my daily planner, but is frustrating when the list is longer than space allows.

So I started thinking what if I did a bullet journal but just for projects? Longer term things that I don't want in my daily planner because I don't know when I'll get around to them. These aren't writing projects, which I keep track of differently, but household projects.

I'm still debating. The problem is with my ADHD it's out of sight, out of mind. I'd have to find somewhere to keep the bullet journal where I could have it open and see what I'd like to do.

I still have both the bullet journals pictured above and neither one of them is even a quarter full. I've also gotten so picky about paper quality that I don't really want to use them for anything good anymore. Amazing how I went from OMG the luxury of these journals, to OMG, the paper is so thin, but here we are. I've become a total paper snob.

At the moment, I'm leaning toward this as a plan. It would make sense and the notebooks are just collecting dust anyway, so I might as well try it.