BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, October 08, 2026

Wrong Place

Cartoon Woman with Question Marks

I use craft carts to store my supplies. There's the stamp cart with all my inks, stamps, cleaning supplies, and acrylic blocks.

I have a sticker cart which I've been trying to reorganize for what seems like forever. My original tactic of stuffing stickers into whichever book they fit in wasn't conducive to actually finding the stickers I wanted to use.

I also have two other carts. The carts are wheeled out as I need them, otherwise they're tucked into the craft room and out of the way.

I do have one cart that's out all the time. It has a lid on top of the highest shelf and I store my planners there as well as other books I grab every day or at least nearly every day. At the moment, while I work on a washi tape organization project, a second cart is beside it.

And this is where the confusion set in. 

The middle shelf of my primary cart is overloaded with small cards and A6 folders storing my icon stickers. They're tipping over and it's very annoying. So I went looking for a clear storage solution. (With ADHD, it's out of sight, out of mind.) I finally found something that might work. The length and width were perfect. It was a little taller than I wanted, but it was worth a try and I didn't have to buy a package of ten. I could buy one. Perfect.

Then I made a small mistake. Instead of taking overnight delivery, I said, sure, deliver it with my Subscribe and Save order. I don't need it right away.

And then the storage box arrived and it was high quality. It fit on my cart perfectly. I loaded up the items on the top shelf of the washi tape cart into it. Absolutely perfect. Well, almost. They sides were a little high, but I decided I could live with that.

Did you see what I did there?

I bought the box to handle the problem on the second shelf of the everyday cart. I used the box for the top shelf of the washi tape cart.

That's right, in the span of four days, I forgot what I ordered that storage bin for and promptly used it for the wrong thing. I realized that when I tried to get a marker out of the middle shelf of the everyday cart and had to fight my way through the paper that's leaning over.

Sometimes my brain can be frustrating. I looked at the storage bin filled with items on another cart and it worked so well that instead of emptying it out, I ordered another bin. This time I chose overnight delivery since it was free.