BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Planner Problems

I've mentioned before about using a new planner this year instead of my usual brand for reasons which I went into in this blog post. After using the new planner for a while, I can say a couple of things.

First, I never should have bought the bigger size. I do like having all that additional space to write, but the problem is I have no room on my desk top and I keep the planner on a pulled out drawer. With the smaller size, I'm able to write on it where it's at, or if I need to bring it on top of the desk, I can move the keyboard and it's not a huge problem.

The new, bigger planner wobbles. It falls off the drawer to the floor. When I have to bring it up on the desk (which is more often thanks to wobbling/falling), it requires more space. Space that I just don't have. Sigh.

The Second thing that I've discovered is driving me crazy is all the stickers I had to add for water tracking, sleep tracking, and vitamin tracking. These were features that were printed into the other planner. The stickers cause the planner to bulge where I put them down. And since I did the entire year, the bulges are thick, making it difficult to write in.

So now I'm debating. Do I pick up a copy of my old planner for 2022 and write everything in from the first of the year? The planners are on sale, but OMG, the work of going through and adding all the old information. And I'd have to add all the birthdays and anniversaries to a replacement planner, too.

Then there are the stickers I bought for the dates of the full moon, mercury retrogrades, and other things. All those are in the original 2022 planner. I'd either have to rebuy them or do without.

And what about the cost of the planner I already purchased? That would be like wasting money.

But this planner is driving me crazy. I'm not sure I can live with it until January. This alone might make switching back to the other planner brand a good idea and then reevaluating next year. If I do switch companies again next year, I would get the smaller size planner and not put the stickers in it. I'd just live without the trackers. It's not like I can't track my water on my phone and I'm getting the sleep information from the Fitbit app anyway.

I hate messing up like this.