BioBooksAwardsComing NextContactBlogFun StuffHome

Tuesday, January 31, 2023

The North Coast

If you were wondering if I'm still doing these virtual races, the answer is most definitely yes. The reason I haven't shared in a while? Because I was doing the North Coast of Scotland and it took me nearly 7 months to complete the 500 mile walk.

Seven months was getting a little long, but it actually wasn't as bad as it might have been because the scenery on Google Street View was beautiful! It made me want to go to Scotland--in the summer--and take a look at the north coast myself.

In the picture I screen captured from my phone, you can see one of the views I saw. The ocean is in the background.

I like the races that have the Street View more than the ones that don't. Some of the races, though, are trails (I think) and since Google couldn't get a car in there, no views are possible. I believe Easter Island was one of these as was the Kokoda Trail in Papua New Guinea.

I chose the shortest race available at Conqueror Challenges for my next medal. I think I'm going to focus on a couple of quick ones for a change of pace before going back to some longer ones. Although maybe not 500 miles...for a little while.

Medal Front

Medal Back

Medal Sash/Ribbon